Saturday, November 27, 2010

Snickerdoodle Cookies

Finally, I have some time for catching up on blog posts. I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! Bryan and I are in Minneapolis visiting his family. Each time we come back here, we have to get used to the cold again. I went running Thanksgiving morning and it was 6 degrees with a couple of inches of snow already on the ground! The weather has been beautiful and sunny, so I'm not complaining.
Last weekend I had a little craving for snickerdoodle cookies, or should I say, little sugary balls of goodness! Snickerdoodle cookies are yummy little bites that take me back to my childhood. They’re so easy, and oh-so-delicious! Next time you need a cinnamon and sugar fix, give these little babies a try. They’re such a classic and are sure to satisfy any sweet tooth craving!
I purchased the Better Homes Cookbook at a used bookstore for $5, and this recipe was the first one I flipped to!

Snickerdoodle Cookies
Ingredients
1/2 cup butter or margarine
1 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon vanill
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Directions

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

In a medium mixing bowl beat the butter or margarine with an electric mixer for 30 seconds. Add the sugar, baking soda, and cream of tartar. Beat until combined. Beat in the egg and vanilla until all combined. Slowly, beat in the flour. Cover and chill 1 hour.

Combine the sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Shape dough into 1 inch balls. Roll the balls in the sugar-cinnamon mixture to coat. Place 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 10-11 minutes or until edges are golden. Transfer cookies to a wire rack and let cool. Makes about 36 cookies.

No comments: