Thursday, August 19, 2010

My Husband is the Sandwich Man

I think one of the first things I learned about my husband is that he loves sandwiches. He eats them everyday for lunch. No joke, everyday... unless there is some delicious leftover placed aside ahead of time, then he will make an exception. And, he can eat the same kind of sandwich everyday if he wants - he never gets tired of them (I do after a while...). However, he usually gets complimented on them because they are so immaculate. We're not just talking about your regular meat and cheese between two slices of bread. There is usually yummy deli meat topped with some fresh sliced cheese, yes, but on top of that includes a multitude of veggies like onions, all colors of peppers, tomatoes, avocados, mushrooms, mixed greens and spinach (all of these veggies coming in a variety of raw to sauteed/caramelized) and a variety of sauces to top it off even more. He is the sandwich man.

I had to work this past weekend Saturday through Tuesday, and it was pretty exhausting by Sunday already. I happened to have some time to come home for a quick lunch on Sunday and requested he make me dinner because I knew I'd be too exhausted to even think about making anything. I didn't even have any requests, just a nice dinner please.

I came home and he let me just lounge on the couch and read while he made me dinner. It smelled sooo good and I was curious, but he said it was a surprise. Not long after, he called me over to eat. I should have known, he had prepared super fancy sandwiches!! And they looked delicious!!! He seasoned and grilled steak strips, placed them on a bed of mixed greens, topped them with shredded mozzarella, caramelized onions, tomato then avocado with chipotle mayonnaise on a market fresh baguette. MMM!!! It was served with a mixed greens salad with dijon vinaigrette and yummy flavored Kettle chips, and a large glass of red wine. It was the perfect nice but simple dinner on a hot summer night.





No comments: